This week at “Giving Inexpensively” we are focusing on how we can help those who were displaced due to the flooding this past week.
If you would like to help the flood victims, here are a few ways you can do so:
1) Volunteer- If you live in the area, or are able to travel there, you can volunteer.
- If you tweet you can follow @nashvilleflood which is the Twitter feed for Nashville flood help. People can request or offer assistance such as pulling up carpet and removing furniture.
- If you are on facebook you can join the Nashville Flood facebook group to find people who are needing assistance.
2) Donate- If you are unable to donate your time but would still like to help you can make monetary donations.
- Middle Tennessee Red Cross Chapters (the easiest way to do this is to text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation using your mobile phone)
3) Follow- Follow me, @aliciamarie112, on twitter and I will personally donate ten cents to the Red Cross for every new follower I receive from today, May 6th through Sunday, May 9th. You can give financially without any money out of pocket. How great is that?
Want to join in on this challenge? Leave your twitter handle (and the amount you would like to donate for each person that follows you) in the comment area below and I will tweet to let others know that you are joining in. Then sometime between Monday and Wednesday let me know how much you will be donating and I will add everything up and announce the total amount raised on next week’s “giving inexpensively” post.
Together we can show the people of the flooded areas that we care for them and will help them rebuild their cities.