Remember when Corrin told us all about Love Drop? Well, I joined the network—and I’m excited to help spread the word about this month’s recipient. Jill and her kids were homeless. When they finally had a place to live? They lost everything in a fire and find themselves homeless once again. Yet, Jill continues to give to others where she can.
I think her story is amazing, and I’m excited that the Love Drop team will be descending on her later this month—with gifts, money and support from around the world. Even if you aren’t able to financially support the concept, you can still help drop a little love in Chicago. The project is just begging for you to come up with creative & fun ways to make a difference in this family’s life.
Here’s how you can help this month:
- Join the team—Become a member by paying whatever you want. Even $1.00.
- Join our blogger network—Blog about the Love Drops once a month! It’s easy, it’s rewarding, and it REALLY helps spread the word (which in turn helps the families!). Love Drop will give you all the content you need.
- Give a gift or provide a service—Gift cards, household goods, football cards/jerseys for the boys, web design services, pampering gifts for Jill, etc. (email all ideas/questions to team (at) lovedrop.us, and they’ll make it happen!
The Family’s Wishlist
Clothes (gift cards – maybe to Target? Kohls?)
Anything you think would make her smile 🙂
Joe & Franco (ages 12 & 10)
Football jersey—Joe likes the Bears, Franco likes Eagles
Sporty posters for their room… Sporting goods (maybe giftcard to Sports Authority?)
**they love all sports**
They are also in need of bunkbeds, but this will be a tough one. If you’re in the Chicago area, and you have a set to spare, please contact the Love Drop team!
Jasmin (13 y/o)
Dressing table w/mirror (to sit and put on her Makeup…her old one was white…)
Perfume & makeup
They lost all their bikes and roller skates too….
Directions & Mailing Adress
Please mail all good, letters, etc to the production company. The team will pick it up from there and hand deliver the items to Jill on the day of her Love Drop. Be sure to:
- Leave a note in the package with your name & contact info.
- Email them when the package has been mailed so we know to expect it.
- Mail everything to: Jill M. c/o Love Drop; Dennis and Mary, Hildebrand Creative, 132 N. Washington St. Naperville, IL 60540
The drop will happen the next weekend—January 22nd & 23rd—but if you’ve got something that will arrive later, they’ll make it happen. Just contact Love Drop to let them know it’s on its way. Please note this is not a non-profit so you’ll be donating out of the goodness of your heart, with no tax benefits.
But, how cool is it to know that people from all over the world are participating in making a major impact in one family’s life?!
Yeah! I’m so glad people are joining. I sent a little care package for Jill this week.