Between work, school functions, carpool, Girl Scouts, softball, track and whatever else three girls can come up with, our life is pretty chaotic. We set aside one day each month to spend together as a family—from home movie nights to park days to daily deal stops like rock climbing & sporting events. But, I also make it a priority to take some time for me—just me.
I think it’s important to take care of yourself. To know who you are. To take a break from being a mom, daughter, sister, wife. To step away from work now & then. And, just be. I don’t know, maybe that sounds cheesy, but I think it makes be a better mom to step away from the kids once in awhile. I enjoy a regular(ish) girls’ night and alphabet dating with the hubby, as well as a bit of pampering once in awhile.
Most nights, I take a bubble bath before settling in with the hubby for an evening. I find that washing off the mom at the end of a long exhausting day, relaxes me and helps me be a better wife. And, apparently? I’m not alone. A survey of 700 women told Eversave that most women choose to pamper themselves when faced with a little me time.
And, since the same survey says the biggest worry women have is money, here are a few tips to keep your me time pampering under budget:
- Home Spa: Take time for a bubble bath, make your own bath salts, do your own facial from the kitchen. There are plenty of ways to pamper yourself at home.
- Double Duty Beauty Supplies: To save a little money on supplies, focus on things that have a dual purpose. My favorite? Using baby shampoo as eye makeup remover—it’s a great way to keep using those coupons, now that my babies are all grown up!
- Inexpensive Alternatives: If there’s anything women are brand loyal about, it’s beauty supplies! But, when I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a few new products, I actually found a more frugal brand that I liked even better.
- Gift Card Opportunities: Not only can you earn gift cards through reward & cash back sites, but let family know you’d like the gift of pampering, when they ask what you’d like for birthdays & Christmas.
- Deals & Coupons: Watch the mailbox for bargains on spas & salons. Plus, the daily deal sites frequently offer discounts on manicures, facials and massages.
In fact, that’s the focus on Eversave this week, in anticipation of the release of the movie “I Don’t Know How She Does It.” (Girls’ night movie, anyone?) They’ll be featuring salon & spa Saves in all markets this week.
Plus, one of my Indy readers has the chance to win a set of Saves to pamper herself! The winner will receive a mani-pedi from Salon D’va plus $20 Save Rewards. Simply leave a comment here, and let me know your favorite way to pamper yourself. Simply leave a comment here, and let me know your favorite way to pamper yourself. You can earn additional entries by:
- Subscribing to our site by email or RSS
- Following INinexpensively on Twitter
- Liking Inexpensively on Facebook
- Writing about this giveaway (blog, forum, public Facebook note)
- Tweeting about this giveaway: Win a Salon D’va mani-pedi from @Eversave and @INinexpensively! bit.ly/nFxvW2 #BacktoBeauty
For your extra entries to be counted, be sure to leave an additional comment directing us to your entry. Only one additional entry per method (i.e. While multiple tweets are appreciated it, only one will count as a drawing entry.) The contest runs until September 20th at 11:59pm est. One winner will be notified by email on September 21st and receive a free Salon Diva Save plus an extra $20 in Save Rewards from EverSave. Winner will have 48 hours to complete the claim form or a new winner will be chosen.
I was provided with a free Salon D’va Save from EverSave to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% real. This post has been submitted to the Back to Beauty blog carnival, hosted by Audrey McClelland and sponsored by Eversave.