One of the things that has always been a party of our mission is encouraging our community to get involved and share with others, even when they are on a tight budget themselves. It is often surprisingly easy to help others just by being aware of what is available to you. Thankful Thursday is our chance to share the opportunities, organizations and services we have found!
We wanted to take the opportunity this week on Thankful Thursday to give a shout out to the great sponsors who helped with last week’s launch party and our network partners who bring you the deals and tips you need each week. Hundreds of dollars in prizes were sent out through our daily giveaways and the Twitter chat party—from OnTray2Go, Amy Knapp’s Family Organizer, Nellie’s All Natural, Smart Mama’s Green Guide, Dove Go Fresh, Diana Orgain and Savings with Sadie. Thanks to everyone who participated and another big congratulations to our winners.
If you did not have the opportunity to join us for our frugal chat, you can view the questions and our panelists answers on the Facebook discussion board. Our network contributors answered your questions and shared their best saving tips. We couldn’t be more pleased with the team we have assembled. In addition to grocery deals from around the country, our network partners will regularly share the deals they find and their expertise on living inexpensively. Meet our team for a sneak peak at the topics they’ll cover in the weeks and months to come:
- Melissa Earl, California Inexpensively: Melissa desires to be financially stable, to have enough to take trips with the family and make memories instead of just living day to day. She hopes to help others to find the same stability without debt. She shares her progress and deals here on Inexpensively and at The Sassy Saver.
- Lisa Sadie, Georgia Inexpensively: Lisa enjoys finding deals, couponing, grocery match-ups, gardening, traveling, freebies, reading and brings a little of it all to Inexpensivelly and Savings With Sadie.
- Cherie Lowe, Indiana Inexpensively: Cherie Lowe joins the network for as our resident freebie queen. She has crazy red hair and blogs daily as her alter ego (because everyone needs one) on her site the Queen of Free.
- Katie Hostetter, Kentucky Inexpensively: Katie shares fun & thrifty talk for a well-managed home on Inexpensively and at her latest project, Frugal Femina. We’re unleashing Katie’s deals on Kentucky Inexpensively later this month.
- Shannon Shaffer, Pennsylvania Inexpensively: Shannon holds an MBA in Finance and enjoys helping others spend their money wisely on Inexpensively and For the Mommas. Watch for her deals on the upcoming Pennsylvania Inexpensively.
- Julie Eckert, Director of Communications: Julie plays with money at her full time job and shares progress on her 40×40 list at Someday I Want. For Inexpensively, she talks to strangers so I don’t have to and was responsible for lining up most of last week’s great prizes.
- Spencer Sokol, Geek Department: Finally, a huge thanks to our resident geek. Without my wonderful husband, this entire site would still just be a dream in my head. He takes my visions and makes them work for you. Feel free to let him know what you want to see next. It would be nice if the ideas came from someone else once in awhile. He’s probably definitely a little sick of me bossing him around.