This is the year to take your taxes online and to efile your tax return. During the 2010 Tax Season almost 70% of all U.S. individual taxpayers have either efiled their taxes themselves or efiled through a tax professional. That’s almost 100 million people!
efile Can Be Free!
The efile.com FREE FEDERAL EDITION is absolutely free and guides you through a simple online tax interview. If you meet the requirements listed below, you can efile and pay nothing.
Here is how you qualify for the eFile FREE Federal Edition:
- Your filing status is either: single or married filing jointly
- Your total taxable income is below $100,000
- Your income only comes from: wages, salaries, unemployment, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, taxable interest of $1,500 or less, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends
- You do not claim any dependents
- You do not itemize deductions
- You do not claim any additional standard deductions (e.g. property tax or new car tax)
- You do not claim tax credits other than the Earned Income Credit and Making Work Pay Credit
- You have not received any Advance Earned Income Credit payments
- If married filing jointly, both you and your spouse are under 65 and not blind
- You do not owe any Household Employment taxes (on wages paid to a household employee)
- You are not involved as a debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
efile Is Secure!
IRS-efile is safer and more secure than old-fashioned paper filing because your tax return will be computer encrypted and safely transmitted to the IRS. When you use IRS-efile, there is nothing to get lost, damaged, or stolen in the mail. Electronic tax filing protects the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
efile is Accurate!
IRS-efile is more accurate because it drastically reduces filing and math errors. The IRS has said that traditional paper tax returns have an average error rate of 20%, but efiled returns typically have only a 1% error rate. The efile tax software will perform all necessary calculations for you, so there are no math errors to be made. And the software will also let you know if you are missing any important information on your forms.
efile Is Fast!
efiling will not only get your tax return to the IRS faster than snail mail possibly could, but using efile also means you will get your tax refund much faster. When you efile, be sure to use direct deposit–it will get you your refund money faster than any paper check could. In fact, by using efile and choosing to receive your refund through direct deposit, you could potentially get your refund in as few as 8 days from the time the IRS accepts your return.
So Try efile this Year!
7 out of 10 individual taxpayers efiled in 2010, and the numbers are sure to be higher in 2011. That’s because nearly 100 million taxpayers already know that efiling is the easiest, fastest, and safest way to file taxes and get a tax refund.
You can get started efiling today through an approved IRS-efile provider, such as efile.com.
This is a sponsored post, written by the efile.com team. We’re counting down the days until we can file our taxes online, as usual. Unfortunately, the tax code updates are still a couple weeks away.