Everyday living expenses can easily get out-of-hand. Money spent on paper towels, single use cleaning supplies, carbonated drinks and similar household staples could be put to better use.
Follow these tried, true. and green ways to stretch your household budget.
1. Use Smart Products. Use multi-tasking products that save time and money.
- For Body: Look for foundations and moisturizers that contain sunscreen (at least 15 SPF), and shampoos with built-in conditioners.
- For Home: Make your own, or use versatile cleaning products that work on windows, countertops, appliances, and mirrors. Make your dollars work smarter by choosing products that are safe to use on the interiors of cars.
2. Turn On the Tap. Put the kibosh on soda and other expensive drinks. Next to air, water is the most important (and cheapest) element our bodies need.
3. Hug a Tree. Eliminate or cut back on paper towel purchases. Use washcloths and other reusable towels to soak up spills and clean messes in bathrooms and kitchens.
4. Turn Up the Kitchen Heat. Eating at home is convenient and cost effective. Plan menus around weekly circulars and clip coupons before grocery shopping. Don’t forget to search online and in favorite magazines like, ALL YOU.
5. The More You Buy the More You Spend. Don’t be fooled by all that glitters. Stores have sales because they want you to spend. Why buy three boxes of cereal that you don’t need, just because they are on sale? Stretch your budget by sticking to the items on your list.
Follow these simple tips to save more and spend less, while making a positive impact on our world.
How does your family Live Well For Less?
Leave a Reply