Many people set goals for the New Year, and if you are one of those people I want to encourage you to set some “giving” goals. What are those? Simply put, they are any thing that you want to plan to do for others.
My giving goals this year include:
1) Making a homemade meal for a friend
2) Shoveling my neighbor’s driveway when I shovel mine
3) Babysitting my niece and nephew so my sister-in-law can have some time to herself
4) Volunteering my time at Ronald McDonald House
5) Paying for a coffee of the person behind me
All of these goals are simple and either free or inexpensive to do. What about you? What “giving” goals are you setting for yourself?
Heather Sokol says
These are such great ideas! I’m starting the new year with #1 – we’re putting together some meals for a friend who just lost her dad. And, #3 will be so appreciated. I would *love* to have someone watch my girls now and then. We’re lucky the oldest is at babysitting age now, but we went many years not being able to get away without the girls.
One of my 2011 New Year’s Resolutions is to volunteer. For me, it is an opportunity to mentor young people. I look forward to it.