Don’t miss your chance to win a free Royal Pin bowling experience from Eversave. Details below!
We just love to experience all the family fun our city has to offer! Museums, parks, bounce houses, sporting events—we’re always looking for inexpensive activities to do with our girls.
One of our go-to favorites is bowling. You just can’t go wrong! Silly shoes, scoring computers, a turkey dance—bowling provides plenty of fun and giggles for the whole family.
Here are 5 ways to make it more affordable:
- Daily Deals: Some of my favorite daily deal sites have offered deep discounts at local bowling alleys. In fact, Eversave is currently offering a Royal Pin deal for two, here in Indianapolis. That’s 3 games of bowling each plus shoe rental for only $15!
- On-Site Specials: Check with bowling alleys in your area for regular specials. Our favorite center has a standing weekend special. From noon to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, two games and a pair of shoes is $7.99 per person. Check with locations in your area for similar deals and special events.
- Mailer Coupons: Watch that junk mail! I have found coupons for discount games or free shoe rental in the packets that regularly arrive in the mailbox.
- Kids Bowl Free: This is my favorite summer program for kids. In just a few months, the new program will begin, featuring two free games of bowling per kid every day!
- Buy Your Own Shoes: If bowling becomes a regular family activity for you, consider buying your own shoes. They aren’t very expensive and will save you $2-3 every time. I don’t know that it would be worth it for growing kids, but definitely look into adult shoes! In fact, they’ll be going on clearance soon as the end of “bowling season” arrives. Personally, I see bowling as the perfect year-round activity (keeping you out of the cold, rain and summer heat), but I’m all for a deal anyway!
These tricks can help you save money on a family favorite, but you can’t get better than free. That’s why I’m excited to work with Eversave to give away a Royal Pin voucher to one of our readers! Simply leave a comment here, and let me know your favorite frugal activity for family fun. You can earn additional entries by:
- Subscribing to our site by email or RSS
- Following Inexpensively on Twitter
- Following @EversaveIND on Twitter
- Liking Inexpensively on Facebook
- Writing about this giveaway (blog, forum, public Facebook note)
- Tweeting about this giveaway: Win a Royal Pin experience from @Inexpensively and @EversaveIND! http://bit.ly/GICvAX
Get tips for bowling with kids and another chance to win on Family Fun in the City!
For your extra entries to be counted, be sure to leave an additional comment directing us to your entry. Only one additional entry per method (i.e. While multiple tweets are appreciated it, only one will count as a drawing entry.) The contest runs until March 25th at 4:00pm est. One winner will be notified by email on March 26th and receive a Royal Pin Save voucher. Winner will have 48 hours to complete the claim form or a new winner will be chosen.
I was provided with a Royal Pin voucher from Eversave to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Denise Wilson says
We sign our son up for the Kids Bowl Free program. Also, I am on the lookout for bowling shoes for cheap… Then, bowling would really be free!
I also check out the local deal sites for special places to go, to eat, etc.
Denise Wilson says
Denise Wilson says
Doreen H says
We enjoy going to Indy Indians’ games. Tickets are affordable, and it’s a family-friendly atmosphere. 🙂
We love getting outside hiking- with the beautiful weather this year, we’ve already gotten to a state park!
I’m an RSS subscriber!
I follow Inexpensively on twitter as @keepingfeet
I follow Eversave on twitter as @keepingfeet
Joanna L B says
I liked Inexpensively on Facebook!
Punkin likes to make up games (like, “carnival” or “disney world”). Extremely frugal, because it only uses imagination and occasionally a piece of paper & pen!
I follow Inexpensively on twitter.
I like Inexpensively on FB.