Tax-free weekend is something that’s completely new to me this year, having moved from Indiana (a state that doesn’t offer this perk) to Texas (a state that does offer this super amazing shopping weekend), and I’m already in love.
Tax-free weekend is an awesome way to get back-to-school shopping necessities without forking over a few extra percent to Uncle Sam. Shoes, clothing, books, school supplies, and computers are just a few of the items that are included, so make sure to mark your state’s tax-free weekend on the calendar and take advantage!
There are different regulations by state (applicable items as well as price limits), so make sure to check out this handy tax-free weekend chart and check with your county and/or local shopping center! I know the outlet malls in my area were promoting tax-free weekend like crazy and offering extra discounts and sales!
- Alabama – August 6 thru 8
- Connecticut – August 15 thru 21
- Florida – August 13 thru 15
- Illinois – August 6 thru 15
- Iowa – August 7 thru 7
- Louisiana – August 6 thru 7
- Maryland – August 8 – 14
- Mississippi – August 30 thru 31
- Missouri – August 6 thru 8
- New Mexico – August 6 thru 8
- North Carolina – August 6 thru 8
- Oklahoma – August 6 thru 8
- South Carolina – August 6 thru 8
- Tennessee – August 6 thru 8
- Texas – July 20 thru 22 (Apologies to my Texan friends – last week’s sales were my introduction to tax-free weekend!)
- Virginia – August 6 thru 8
Now…go hit up a sale or an outlet with a coupon on a tax-free weekend, and you’ll be saving big bucks!