- Rent a Vacation home with another family. When you rent a home, you can save by making your meals instead of always eating out. PLUS, when you share the cost with another family, you’re not just saving money! You’re making memories! There is nothing more fun than staying up late with friends while on vacation.
The best memories are the ones that happen after the day has come to an end, the board and card games, the game consoles, the movies and (once the kids are in bed) “wine” are brought out. Head for cash back shopping sites to look for companies you may be able to rent a house through and earn cash back doing it! Head right to ShopAtHome.com where you’ll find vacation home rental sites in the selection of Over 100,000 Grocery and Restaurant Coupons, Printable Coupons, Coupon Codes, Cash Back and Hot Deals.
- If you go away, locate deals on websites that offer collective buying: Like Groupon or livingsocial. Both are great for finding local deals you can take advantage of while you’re in your “vacation” town. Do your research before buying these types of deals. Make sure you’ll be able to use the “deal” while you’re in the area, schedule ahead and call before you purchase the deal online – they always provide the information from the company for you, so do the research before you hit BUY.
- Check out Restaurant.com for restaurant deals in the area you’ll be vacationing in. Recently, we took a weekend trip to Lake Harmony, PA. We went online to Restaurant.com Coupons (of course we went through my favorite rebates site, ShopAtHome.com to maximize our savings) and found local places that had great gift certificates. We chose to buy just two, and make the rest our meals in the suite. It worked out great and saved us a ton of money!
- Look for Coupon books in the area you are visiting. Whenever I visit Lake George, NY, the first thing I do is find the area coupon book. It’s FULL of coupons and deals at local attractions, restaurants and stores. Popular destinations normally have a coupon book, or discounts at the hotel you stay in. Just check the front desk, duck into a local shop and see what they have on their counter, or displays. Ask the owners of the shops for the best deals in the area, they always know!
- My favorite thing to save money? Don’t go away, stay home and find deals and free things to do in your area. Same rules apply, you can find deals with collective buying sites, or just check your local town websites
*Affiliate and referral links included in this blog post.