In just 13 days, Indy plays host to the biggest sports event of the year. With Superbowl XLVI right here in our city, I’m super excited about the fan activities we’ll get to experience!
Superbowl Village is an interactive festival from Capitol Avenue to Pennsylvania—and most of it is completely free. Including transportation! IndyGo’s fixed, local routes will be free from February 2nd through February 5th. I’m also hearing teases about free shuttles outside of the city, but I have not yet found detailed schedule information.
There is also food available for purchase and a zipline at $10 per person. The presale tickets have soldout, but you can still hop in line for standby. I imagine the lines will be completely insane, but how cool would it be to zip over the city?
Free activities include:
- Nightly concerts: Through the 10 days of Superbowl Village, more than 60 performers will hit the Pepsi Stage, hosted by Zuri Hall and Mike Epps. Be sure to check the Superbowl events calendar for details.
- Super Dash: This sounds like a human hamster wheel. Fans of each team can take a turn running on the wheel. The fans that generate the most energy over the course of 10 days will be crowned the vicotr!
- Kinect NFL PLAY 60 FanDome: I’ve been wanting to try out the Kinect. Why not give it a shot in a 360 degree inflated dome for the Superbowl?
- Ice Gurus: Watch the Food Network’s Ice Brigade as they create ice sculptures live on site.
- ESPN Broadcast Studio: Several popular shows will be produced in the Pan Am Plaza. They will be open for public viewing through Superbowl week.
- Super Cars: Nothing says Indianapolis like Indy Cars, so the city will be showing them off in the heart of downtown.
- Superbowl Roman Numerals: I can’t wait to get the girls’ picture in front of the giant Superbowl Numbers! The 30-foot display will be available from January 24th through the Superbowl.
- Superbowl Fan Jam: More free concerts, from Univision, VH1 and CMT will be held at the convention center and Indiana State Fairgrounds, as part of the Pepsi Fan Jam. Get your free tickets in advance.
Crystal Nanney says
I’m Crystal of Merrill House, host of Merrill Street Jam. I’d love to see this event listed along with the others! Here is some basic info:
Unparalleled entertainment at an unbeatable price
Located directly outside the East entry gate to Lucas Oil Stadium, Merrill Street Jam (hosted by Merrill House) serves as a bright, delightful waystop for weary pedestrians, AND a thumping destination for evening guests in search of Indianapolis’s best Super Bowl Weekend party.
All ages are welcome (21+ to enjoy the beer and wine), and a terrific array of local and national talent awaits. With delectable snacks on sale in the intimate cafe, and HUGE adjacent heated dance hall with FREE ENTRY Thursday, you simply can’t beat the value!
Our event has been fully permitted and inspected by the City of Indianapolis. Parking is readily accessible nearby, and facilities are monitored and secured at all times. Your safety is our number one priority.
Whether walking to the stadium, or just looking for great music and dance, Merrill Street Jam is your one-stop shop for Super Bowl fun!
Thursday: 5pm-1am Live Local and National Bands
Friday: 5pm-1am Live Country Music Spotlight
Saturday: 5pm-1am Live Local and National Bands
Sunday: 10am-12am Tailgate Party, superbowl shown on big screen inside Merrill House
More info at merrillhousecafe.com
Merrill House facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003059619176&ref=tn_tnmn
Please feel free to call us at (317) 261-0070. Thank you!