The Indiana State Fair starts this weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited for this year’s theme. It’s the Year of the Dairy Cow — that means milkshakes, right? Yum!
I’m counting down the days to state fair food and milkshakes — and Family of Farmers is making it a little more fun when you participate in the recipe trail.
Visit all 8 locations on the trail and collect recipe cards. Bring your cards to the IFOF in the DuPont Food Pavilion to win a prize. For each participant, Family of Farmers will donate 1 pound of food to Feeding Indiana’s Hungry. New recipes for you and food for those in need? That’s a win-win if I’ve ever seen one!
Plus, you can win again with free admission day, discount offers, and a ticket giveaway right here;.
I just love putting together the list of free days & deals each summer, so you can get your state fair on for less. This year, my friend Katie beat me to it, so she’s given me permission to share the special admission dates she compiled, along with a few deals I’ve found:
- Tuesdays 8/7 & 8/14: Turkey Hill Tuesdays—$2 admission with printable coupon
- Wednesday/Thursday 8/8-9—IndyStar FREE tickets in 8/6 issue
- Thursday 8/9: State Employee Day—free admission, with State employee ID card
- Monday 8/13: IPL Carload Day—$15 admission per vehicle, for up to 10 people with printable coupon
- Wednesday 8/15: BMV Day—$5 admission with printable coupon
- Thursday 8/16: AAA Day—free admission with valid AAA membership card
- Thursday 8/16: Military Family Day—free admission for former & current military & families with military ID
- Saturday 8/19: Pepsi Next Day—$2 off gate admission with any Pepsi brand can
- Various Dates: Hoosier Lottery Grandstand—featuring both paid and free events, including Indy Super Pull, Circus Hall of Fame, XTreme Action Sports Show, Naptown Roller Girls and more)
- Daily: Celebration Park Free Stage—this year’s free entertainment features All Start Weekend (loe those boys!) and MC Hammer. Dude. MC Hammer!
- Daily: Main Street Stage—featuring local artists and entertainment all day
- CVS/pharmacy stores
- Indiana Farm Bureau offices
- Indiana State Fairgrounds Box Office
- The Marten House Hotel
- Walmart stores
Unlimited midway ride days:
- Fri., Aug. 3, Noon – 10pm: $25 Ride Survival
- Mon., Aug. 6, Noon – 10pm: $22 Family Day
- Wed., Aug. 8, Noon – 10pm: $22 Family Day
- Thurs., Aug. 9, Noon – 10pm: $22 Family Day
- Fri., Aug. 10, Noon – 10pm: $25 Ride Survival
- Mon., Aug. 13: $15 Kids Day
- Wed., Aug. 15, Noon – 10pm: $22 Family Day
- Thurs., Aug 16, Noon – 10pm: $22 Family Day
- Fri., Aug. 17, Noon – 10pm: $25 Ride Survival
- Sun., Aug. 19, Noon – 10pm: $25 Last Blast
- Multi-Day Admission Pass: New this year, the $18 gate pass is good for up to 3 different days and can be purchased wherever discount tickets are sold.
- Tuesday 8/7 & 8/14: $2 Tuesdays—$2 food specials and midway rides
- Tuesday 8/14: Golden Hoosier Day—FREE Tractor Shuttle Ride for seniors
- Saturday 8/11: Hoosier Lotto Day—adults 18+ may redeem admission tickets for a lottery ticket
- Daily—redeem your admission ticket for $1 off Make a Meal Deal at any pork concession tent
- Walmart Midway Voucher—pickup your voucher for $18 midway wristbands
Family of Farmers is offering one of my readers a state fair ticket package — one lucky reader will receive 2 State Fair Tickets and 2 Dairy Bar vouchers (2 Milkshakes, 2 Grilled Cheese, 2 Kid Meals)! To be interested, leave a comment here and share your favorite state fair food. You can earn additional entries by:
- Subscribing to our site by email or RSS
- Following Inexpensively on Twitter
- Following @FamilyofFarmers
- Liking Inexpensively on Facebook
- Liking Family of Farmers on Facebook
- Sharing this giveaway—blog, forum, Pinterest, public Facebook note, Twitter (Sample Tweet: Enjoy the @IndyStateFair for free with @INinexpensively & @FamilyofFarmers! http://blogs.babble.com/babble-voices/healthy-snacks/)
For your extra entries to be counted, be sure to leave an additional comment directing us to your entry. Only one additional entry per method (i.e. While multiple tweets are appreciated it, only one will count as a drawing entry.) The contest runs until 8/5 at 11:59pm est. One winner will be notified by email and receive two Indiana State Fair admission tickets and Dairy Bar vouchers. Winner will have 24 hours to complete the claim form or a new winner will be chosen.
I am attending a State Fair event with Indiana Family of Farmers and will receive tickets in addition to this giveaway, but all opinions are 100% mine. Giveaway tickets have been provided by IFOF and will be mailed directly to winners.