Having just moved into a new house right before Thanksgiving I have been thinking of my neighbors often and need to go over and introduce myself. Here are five ways you can give to your neighbors inexpensively during the Holidays whether you know them or not:
1. Bring over some baked goods.
2. Shovel their driveway after you shovel your own.
3. Leave a card or handwritten note for them.
4. Invite them over for dinner.
5. Pick up their newspaper from the end of the drive and put it on their porch.
What ideas do you have?
Good ideas! I currently live in South Florida where while the weather is warm, the people are incredibly cold. There’s not a whole lot of outreach going on down here.
I’ve found that inviting neighbors to dinner is over the top. They are often too busy, or too frightened to make such a commitment. Often, it’s just much easier to bring something by and pay a quick visit. You mentioned baked goods – always a great way to break the ice!
We’ll be moving to a new place soon. These are very good tips! Nothing brings neighbors closer than shoveling snow!!