I am still recovering from a very fun, completely exhausting blogging conference where I was able to connect with new companies to bring you tips & special offers to help lower your budget. One of those companies was Chevrolet. They sponsored several carpools to BlogHer, and I was lucky enough to tag along with some Chicago gals, through Team Inexpensively writer, Alicia, in a Chevy Traverse.
In addition to fun conversations with Lisa, Connie and Chris, my favorite part of the Chevy lounge are was the opportunity to actually see & touch a Volt. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take it for a test drive, but I can tell you it is as beautiful as it is fuel efficient. The $41K price tag makes my heart sink, but the awesome Chevy team tells me it will be released with some affordable lease options.
Of course, you don’t have to buy a new car just to start saving money on gas. While you still won’t get the Volt’s 200mpg, these fuel tips from Chevrolet can save up to a tank of gas every other month:
- Plan your trips and driving routes to avoid traffic congestion.
- Observe speed limits—On a typical SUV, for every 10 mph increase above 40 mph, you lose up to 4 mpg fuel economy.
- Drive smoothly—using cruise control on the highway can help save as much as 2 percent for some drivers.
- Limit the use of accessories such as air conditioning and heated seats.
- Don’t carry more than you need—an extra 100 pounds can reduce fuel economy by up to 2 percent. Get rid of those golf clubs, bikes, bike racks, tool chests and bowling balls.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained—keeping tires properly inflated, replacing a dirty air filter and keeping brakes well maintained, together can improve gas mileage by up to 10 percent.
Connie Burke says
Great meeting you, too, Heather! Thanks for being a fun, active participant. Connecting with people like you is what the conference is all about.
Great site, by the way. Love the tag line in the header!
Thanks, too, for publishing the fuel-saving tips.
Looking forward to seeing you at another Chevy event soon 🙂