I stole this post from our resident geek because he was being, well, geeky. Over the weekend, we updated the site and wanted to let you know about the new features and updates. I’m sure he’d be happy to discuss the hierarchical structure of our state pages or why we needed to update the Google Analytics code to load asynchronously, but I decided you probably only needed the information that would actually affect you! If I’m wrong, feel free to chat with the code monkey on Twitter. For the rest of you, I hope you’ll enjoy the new tools:
- Added page-based sponsorship—if your company is interested in aligning with Inexpensively, we are now able to offer partnerships on specific categories or pages.
- Coupon lists and Grocery Deal lists are now styled for printing—we’ve removed all of the extra stuff you don’t need to see when you print a page full of grocery deals. You can click View All, sort your grocery list, then select Print This List for a printer-friendly version you can carry to the store.
- Online Coupon Codes & Deals: On the main navigation bar, you will now see Coupon Codes right next to Grocery Best Buys. We are excited to provide a new database for online coupon codes. At this time, we have coupon codes, deals and free shipping offers for a select few online retailers but will be adding more in the coming weeks.
- Submit a Deal: Did you find a deal of your own? Share it with us through our new form, and we’ll credit you if it is published to the site.
- Added new links to the top navigation bar:
- Blog: shows all of the recent posts, regardless of category, in one stream (articles, deals, news)
- Archives: easily browse old articles by date
- Team: Meet all the fabulous gals who contribute to our network
- Privacy/Disclosure: These have always been on our site, but we’ve moved them to the top for easier reference.
- State Deals: You will now see these on the main Deal Alerts page—watch for the identifier of a state abbreviation after the title
- Enhanced byline on posts—we’re now featuring the author of each post more prominently. If you like what you read, check out the author’s blog for additional tips & deals.
- Sidebar: We have widened the sidebar slightly to make room for new money-saving tools. You’ll find printable coupons, paperless coupons, hot deals and more to help you live your life inexpensively.
Several of these items were implemented upon request of our readers. We want this site to work for you so if you have suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!