I’m sure you’ll notice a theme over the next couple months as we move through my favorite season. I just can’t help it—the food, the weather, the sights, the smells would already be enough. How lucky are we to find the deals so plentiful too? I know you probably aren’t thinking about holiday shopping just yet (although, there are only 88 days until Christmas!) but believe me when I tell you the stores are gearing up now. Just yesterday, I saw an aisle of Christmas next to the Halloween costumes. Now is the time to take advantage of the great deals Autumn has to offer to get a jump on holiday or birthday shopping, or just get a few things you need.
- McDonald’s Fall Treat Books: Participation may vary, but be sure to check your store for these! For only $1 you get 12 treat coupons. They are designed as Trick or Treat giveaways, but feel free to buy some for yourself!
- Halloween snack packs: Watch for great deals on chips, pretzels and other lunchbox favorites. The holiday design treats are often less expensive than their everyday counterparts and just as good.
- Nintendo Wii: A recent price drop on the Wii brings it under $200. The price drop is not exclusive to Amazon, but buy now at Amazon through 10/3 and you will also receive a $25 gift card! If you are planning a larger holiday purchase, now may be the right time. (Thanks to Madame Deals for the heads up!)
- Amazon Magazine Deal: The magazine subscription deal ends 9/30. Be sure to take advantage of prices as low as $5 for 2-year subscriptions. (These also make great gifts!)
- Oriental Trading: This is a great site to find deals on favors or trinkets perfect for classroom parties or non-sugary Trick or Treat offerings. Use coupon code AHA742 to receive $10 off a $30 purchase through 10/5.
- Toy Clearance: Because many of the Black Friday deals are holiday exclusives, stores are clearancing toys to make room for the upcoming shipments. You may be able to get an even better deal now. Check the toy aisles at Target, Toys R Us or your favorite retailer for deals up to 75% off!
We regularly share with you deals, coupons and free offers. Each Monday, we will share the best of what’s out there. This list includes the most valuable offers and coupons each week, but are not necessarily product recommendations. If you are looking for specific recommendations, please see our product suggestions or the Inexpensively Store.