Originally posted on November Sunflower.
Celebrating winter and Valentine’s Day all in one weekend! Well, one Saturday anyway. Head over to Port Jefferson Village on Saturday, February 12, 2011 between noon and dusk for the “Heart Warming Winterfest“. Not all the activities are for free, but there’s plenty of fun to be had an reasonable prices!!!!
The event is a village wide festival and you can stop by the Hospitality & Information Center located at 216-A on Main Street to learn about the event details (it will be open from noon to 4). While there, enjoy free coffee and hot chocolate sponsored by Starbucks. Or contact the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce at 631.473.1414.
Here’s some highlights from the event happening tomorrow:
- FEE is $5/child: Children’s Maritime Museum create your own message in a bottle
- FREE: Winter Crafts at the Port Jefferson Free Library (ages 2 to 12)
- Wine Tasting at Pindar Wine Store
- Ice Sculpting Demonstration by Ice Sculptures Designs
- Ice Sculpture on display at Danfords
- FEES INCLUDED: Ice Skating at the Village Center (10am-6pm prices are: $10.50/adult; $8/child PLUS $5 Rental Skate Fee)
- Wood Carving Demo by PJ’s own Rich Anderson
- Chili Crawl where you can sample chili and vote on the winner (12-4pm – for $5, buy your sample chili cups at the Harbor Square Mall and start the crawl)
- Free Raffles
- Special Menus at local restaurants
- Shop promotions
- NY famed artist Alexis Trice at FETCH
NOT everything is free, so make sure you bring some money to spend. But all of it is reasonably priced and definitely worth a trip down to check out!
Head over to get all the details here –> Port Jefferson Festival