Buying newspapers for coupons each week is not cheap. I try to buy mine at Walgreens with RR. But I have a somewhat unique situation. I have no family nearby, the largest paper in my area doesn’t do home delivery in my county, and there aren’t any stores I know of that do a discounted bundle. Below are some ideas I have run across for getting your newspaper coupons cheap or free!
1. Get your non-couponing family to save you inserts. This is an easy one, and many family members are willing to help out! Just be careful, when they see all your free stash, they might keep the coupons for themselves!
2. Get your co-workers to help out. I have a very sweet woman at work who sends her coupons to me almost every Monday. She only cuts a few and gives me the rest. I don’t count on it, but I take it as a nice surprise. Some businesses have a subscription to the paper, and you might be able to pick up some inserts there.
3. Keep your eyes peeled at restaurants and coffee shops. Many people leave their whole Sunday paper for others to enjoy. Make sure it is not property of the restaurant before taking the coupons out!
4. Recycle bins and centers, also known as Dumpster Diving. You heard me right. There are people out there who do this on a weekly basis. I know one very kind lady in our area that gets her inserts this way. I am truly not brave enough for this. (I would also ask permission here, because you don’t want in trouble for stealing!) I have never figured this one out, but I figure, if you ask and it is being thrown out, it is fair game.
5. Check out the library. Many libraries have newspaper subscriptions. You could ask the librarian to save them for you. Some libraries also have take a coupon, leave a coupon boxes.
Where do you get your coupons each week?