5 Things I Only Buy on Amazon

I’m a big Amazon shopper — it’s my go-to store for buying gifts, treating myself, and stocking the house. I’ve bought electronics, groceries, toys, and games. I’ve preordered long awaited books, favorite movies, and music for the hubby I’ve never heard of.

Over the years, I’ve discovered there are some things I just can’t buy anywhere else. Amazon has the best prices—hands down—on so much of what we buy regularly. Here are 5 things I only buy on Amazon:

Cords & CablesFrom HDMI cablesto laptop cords, I have yet to find a better price than Amazon.com—by a long shot. The same cord you can buy for $30-50 in a retail store will be single digits online.

New Releases
New releases are always the least expensive in their first week, but Amazon takes it a step further! We preorder our favorite books, movies, and music for the lowest possible price. Their preorder guarantee ensures that for us! You charged only when the item ships and for the lowest price between the day you order and the day it is officially released.

Bulk Groceries
Several of our favorite grocery products (mostly, Pamela’s baking mix) arrive on our doorstep as we need them. The Subscribe & Save allows me to choose how much we get and how often the shipments arrive. The prices already beat my local grocery stores, but the 15% Subscribe & Save discount makes it irresistible.

Digital Music
The hubby got into purchasing digital music only at Amazon back when iTunes was still including DRM in the files. We’ve stuck with it out of habit, but I love it for the free downloads & sales.

Replacement Parts
I find Amazon to be the best place to buy replacement parts for cell phones and laptops. Broken iPhone screen? A $10 part plus a handy how-to video sure beats a $400 phone.

What’s your favorite Amazon purchase?

Originally published on 3/13/2012

6 Responses to “5 Things I Only Buy on Amazon”

• Jen @ BigBinder March 13, 2012 @10:49PM Reply

I love this kind of information! I’m starting to find more and more in the grocery section that I like; and when I compare buying it at the Health Food Store and Amazon – hands down Amazon wins.

• Sara March 10, 2014 @9:49PM Reply

I buy things on Amazon when the shop has the same thing for the same price but on Amazon they come with Prime so I don’t pay shipping and I get it quickly.

• Carolynn June 12, 2014 @5:46PM Reply

The digital downloads are also tax free. At iTunes a .99 song will cost you $1.07 here in NY. Amazon will be .99 with no tax. My co Girl Scout leader bought $17.43 worth of music for a dance we were holding, on Amazon. She saved a good amount by not using iTunes.

• Kristin D. August 03, 2014 @7:09PM Reply

I have crazy, curly hair and I’ve finally found a product that works reliably to style it. I buy it through subscribe & save, and I save about $3 to $5 per bottle over retail when my S&S discounts are at 20%. That way, I always have it when I need it, and I’m saving some serious cash!

• psn card online kaufen August 14, 2014 @4:42PM Reply

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have done an incredible job.
    I will definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.

Have a look at my web site … psn card online kaufen

• free Rp codes no download August 14, 2014 @9:21PM Reply

Valve also asks what are your top 5 dota 1 characters you like to play.
    Knowing when to move up and pressure and when to play defensive while free farming is the characteristic of not only a
    great ADC but of any good laner in League of Legends. With the teleport spell at your disposal, Nunu can quickly become a frightful
    player for the opposing team.

Take a look at my blog free Rp codes no download

Trackbacks