Food banks all over the country are feeling the pinch of the current economy. Demand is greatly outpacing supply. Food banks count on donations from corporations and individuals to support their efforts to feed the hungry. Please, if you are able, consider cleaning out your pantry or purchasing an extra bag of food to donate to a location near you.
Some nutritional suggestions and constantly needed items include:
- Canned protein choices: meats, chicken, tuna, beans, etc.
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Canned meals: stews, soups, chili
- Pasta sauces and Canned tomatoes
- Peanut Butter
- Macaroni & Cheese, Pasta, Rice
- Cereals: boxed and hot items (such as oatmeal)
- Paper Goods: Toilet Paper, towels, and tissue
- Baby: diapers larger than newborn and wipes
- Personal care: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant
- Baking supplies: flour, sugar, complete mixes