Don’t let your budget affect your relationship. It is possible to enjoy date night, even on Valentine’s Day, without spending a lot of money. Date Night is about enjoying your significant other, not spending a fortune. Consider the following ideas to save on romance:
- Coupons: Utilize the coupons from weekly coupon inserts, Entertainment Book, and Restaurant.com to save money if you plan to dine out.
- Be creative. Consider these unique opportunities to connect: bookstores (musicians, poetry readings, open mic nights), arcades (an evening for a roll of quarters), art galleries and wine tastings. The idea is to share a fun evening together, even if the activity is free.
- Private Candlelight Dinner There is no dining table more private than your own. If kids are part of the equation, have a late dinner after their bedtime. Spend some time preparing dinner together and then enjoy it in the comfort of your own home.
- Lunch Date Lunch meals are typically less expensive than dinner. Beat the crowd and enjoy lunch with your Valentine. This is also a great way to swap babysitting with another couple. You’ll have your turn to babysit when they go out for dinner that night.
- Appetizer/Dessert Instead of dining from appetizers to dessert, considering choosing just one. Sharing an appetizer platter or splitting a sundae can be a romantic way to spend less. Eat dinner at home, then go out for coffee and dessert.
Use one or more of these ideas to take the focus off the price, relax and enjoy one another.