The Cobb Salad is a splendor to behold, so you can’t go wrong with a Cobb Sandwich!
The recipe calls for bacon. Lots of it. To beat the heat, you can use leftover bacon, cook up a batch on the grill, or take advantage of the microwave variety (which I think is quite tasty). Also, feel free to substitute with turkey bacon—it’s just as flavorful.
If you’d like to serve this crowd-pleaser warm, set your grill to medium heat, brush the grates with olive oil, and place your sandwich on indirect heat until the bread is toasted and the insides are warmed through!
Serve with super crunchy kettle chips and a cold fruit salad—I love the variety of textures!
Cobb Sandwiches (makes 4 sandwiches)
- 12 strips of bacon
- 8 slices white bread (I prefer bakery white bread as it’s more substantial, especially if grilling)
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese (I’ve used cheddar, provolone, and muenster – all are yum)
- 1/2 cup of blue-cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 pound deli-style turkey or chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into slices
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large leaves of romaine lettuce
Spread blue-cheese dressing on one side of each slice of bread – use all the dressing! Layer turkey or chicken breast and cheese on dressed side of four slices of bread. Top with bacon, tomato, avocado, lettuce, and remaining slice of bread.
If grilling, spread blue-cheese dressing on one side of each slice of bread. Layer turkey or chicken breast and cheese on dressed side of four slices of bread and top with bacon. Place all slices of bread on grill, topping side up, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Remove from grill, top tomato, avocado, lettuce, and remaining slice of bread.lunch
Enjoy! And remember to try the rest of the recipes in the Inexpensively Beat The Heat Summer Cooking Series!